What is the problem with mould?
Due to our wet climate in New Zealand, it is unfortunately common to find mould in many residential and commercial properties. And in the damp winter months mould can accumulate quickly, become airborne and without attention can expose occupants to health risks and damage the home or building.
Some symptoms caused by mould exposure include:
- Nasal congestion
- Breathing difficulties
- Throat irritation
- Skin rashes
- Allergic reactions and headaches.
People with suppressed immune systems, the elderly and very young are more likely to be affected by mould exposure and have been known to become very ill in cases where mould has been left untreated.
Look after the health of yourself and your tenants – get a free quote for mould testing today.
When should I test for mould?
It’s a good idea to contact a professional for mould testing when:
- There is a lot of mould or you notice the mould spreading
- Your home is very damp and moist*
- Mould comes back after repeated cleaning
- Someone in your home suffers asthma or respiratory problems.
*It is important to know that not all mould is visible, contamination could be in hidden areas such as wall cavities or in the ceiling.
For fast, accurate and cost-effective mould testing, please contact us today.
Testing for mould
Thomas Consultants offers both surface and airborne mould testing. Laboratory diagnosis will confirm the type of mould and safe levels in your home or building.From here we can talk to you about remediation options.
Our services include:
- Reliable, trained professionals
- Non-intrusive, cost-effective testing
- Specialised air sampling equipment
- Surface sampling
- Laboratory testing confirming type of mould, toxicity and safe levels
- Identifying the mould ‘source’
- Recommendations for remediation and next steps.
For a free quote for identification and mould testing contact us today.